Hi. I'm not pregnant but am asking a question on behalf of my daughter. She is being monitored very closely as we were told 4 weeks ago that baby is a "bit on the small side". She is 32 weeks 4 days pregnant & baby hasn't put any weight on/ grown since her last scan two weeks ago. She weighs . At her scan yesterday they also told her that her baby's lungs were under developed and she had a steroid injection with another planned for today. She has a elected for a planned c - section because she suffered pelvic & serious head injuries in a car crash years ago so the consultant is playing safe. I've read about steroid injections preventing early labour with some ladies but so far my daughter hasn't shown any sign of early labour. Just wondered if any one had had a similar issue but went on ti go full term & if the steroids worked etc
Sorry for the long post but we weren't even sure my daughter could conceive so everyday she carries my grand daughter is a little miracle. Zx
1. Miller DA, Chollet JA, Goodwin TM. Clinical risk factors for placenta previa-placenta accreta. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 1997;177(1):210–214.
2. Placenta accreta. Committee Opinion No. 529. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Obstet Gynecol 2012;120:207–11. PMID: 22914422 http:///Resources_And_Publications/Committee_Opinions/Committee_on_Obstetric_Practice/Placenta_Accreta
3. Bowman ZS, et. al., Risk Factors for Placenta Accreta: A Large Prospective Cohort. Am J Perinatol. 2014 Oct;31(9):799-804. Epub 2013 Dec 12. PMID: 24338130
4. Clark SL, Koonings PP, Phelan JP. Placenta previa/accreta and prior cesarean section. Obstet Gynecol 1985 Jul;66(1):89-92
5 Ballas J, et . al., Identifying sonographic markers for placenta accreta in the first trimester. J Ultrasound Med. 2012 Nov;31(11):1835-41. PMID: 23091257
6 Hung TH, et. al., Risk factors for placenta accreta. Obstet Gynecol. 1999 Apr;93(4):545-50. PMID: 10214831
7. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists . Green-top Guideline No. 27. Placenta praevia, placenta praevia accreta and vasa praevia: diagnosis and management.
London. January 2011 https:///globalassets/documents/guidelines/.
8. Medically indicated late-preterm and early-term deliveries. Committee Opinion No. 560. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Obstet Gynecol 2013;121:908–10. PMID:23635709
9 Bowman ZS, et al., Risk factors for unscheduled delivery in patients with placenta J Obstet Gynecol. 2014 Mar;210(3):-6. doi: /. Epub 2013 Oct 2. PMID: 24096181
10. Chantraine F, et. al., Individual decisions in placenta increta and percreta: a case Perinat Med. 2012 Jan 23;40(3):265-70. doi: /jpm-2011-:22505505
11. Fitzpatrick KE, et. al., The management and outcomes of placenta accreta, increta, and percreta in the UK: a population-based descriptive study. BJOG. 2014 Jan;121(1):62-70; discussion 70-1. PMID:23924326
12. Placenta accreta. Publications Committee, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Belfort MA. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010 Nov;203(5):430-9. PMID: 21055510
13. El-Messidi A, et. al. A multidisciplinary checklist for management of suspected placenta accreta. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2012 Apr;34(4):320-4. PMID: 22472330
14. Hull AD and Resnick R. Placenta Previa, Placenta Accreta, Abruptio Placenta, and Vasa Previa. In: Creasy RK, Resnik R, Iams JD, eds. Creasy and Resnik’s Maternal-Fetal Medicine: Principles and Practice. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders/Elsevier; 2014:736
15. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Green–top Guideline : Antenatal corticosteroids to reduce neonatal morbidity and mortality. London: RCOG; 2010